Sunday, May 13, 2007

Felted Bowling Ball Style bag is done!

The Patons wool felts really nicely. The Cascade 220 sucks! It hardly felted at all. The long band I knitted to make the sewn on stripe accents with was barely felted after 2 runs through the washing machine (the patons felted completely by the first run through). It was knitted on size 11 needles with 2 strands held together. What crap. The hardest part of the bag is getting it shaped after you have felted it. I am not sure that I did so good.
Here it is before felting.
Here it is after felting.
It is pretty ugly. I have given it to my DD and she is as thrilled as can be. I also cranked out this little one skein purse. It was supposed to be bigger according the the directions but came out about 2 inches smaller. It was made using Patons SWS. It is nice and soft and felted quite nicely.
Before Felting

After felting. Last but not least my Bauerliches socks in Lisa Souza "South Pacific" colorway. Yeah, sorry for the bizarre picture I laid on my back on the couch and stuck my feet up on the back of the couch and snapped. Before you go, a closeup of the stitch pattern.

1 comment:

Teenuh said...

Those socks are beauuuuutiful. I love how they turned out.

I swear that I have seen someone say that the reason feltable yarn doesn't come in white is because it is difficult to get to felt. But I have no idea where this supposed comment was written so I am probably making it up out of sympathy for the failed felted edges on your bag. I might still knit that bag but I will be sure to not do it with Cascade 220 white yarn. :)

I love the Patons SWS bag. I have some of that stashed away to make a felted bag. I may just have to do that sooner rather than later!!