Friday, August 15, 2008

Damn. That sucks.

So as I am sitting in Starbucks on Wednesday with Teenuh knitting on my Goddess Mystery Shawl when I pause part way through chart A to guess (with a tape measure and pulling on it) at how large I think the shawl is (feeling almost done as I think I am on my last chart before the edging in spite of being only 60% done according to this) and I realize the shawl is only going to be some where around 54-56 inches. DAMN!!! DAMN! You know what that means right? It means that I have to add on at least 50 more rows to get my shawl over 60 inches. Damn. SO now I am staring at the various charts trying to decide which one will look nice following chart a. I don't think any of them are going to be what I would like. Damn. And that I have to knit freakin' 50 more rows!! ARGH! *banging head on wall repeatedly*

I guess I have added at least another week onto this project (because, yes, I do have to double the stitches again before I add on another chart!) Damn. This is the shawl that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, for some reason I started knitting it not knowing what it was, but I'll continue knitting it forever just because, this is the shawl that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends.....

1 comment:

Teenuh said...

Well, if it is any consolation to you, I discovered that I had screwed up an increase in my baby blanket and after I dropped down to fix it, I had wayyy too much yarn and had to rip back to three rows before the entire ball I had knit. I'd be done with the main blanket if I'd not done that!!