Friday, November 17, 2006

Time has really gotten away from me. My DD had a birthday party last week that went very nicely. It was at a gymnastics place and I had on my spiffy handknit socks to wander around without shoes on. We had 15 wonderful children running around like lunatics for an hour and 45 minutes. Yaye fun! Between the schools book faire and soccer this week has flown by with me having all of 5 minutes at a time on my computer.

I have squeezed in some knitting on the swallowtail shawl, I have completed 3 out of 5 sections of the pattern. The Belissa cashmere is very nice and soft, but MAN does it REEK like a goat. While I am sitting in a room knitting, I could swear there was a goat sitting next to me breathing on me. I am wondering if that smell is going to go away when I wash it to block it. Other wise my mom's neck is going to be scented with Eau de Chevre that perhaps only mountain men or shepherds will find attractive. The colors are quite nice and the pattern looks great. I am thinking if I finish it in time I will make a few more for Christmas presents out of Alpaca or Merino. It goes along fairly quickly. With out all that soccer taking up my knitting time they should practically fly off the needles.

I have also started a sock for DS in a nifty self striping yellow, black, white and grey that is very soft. I find it humorous that I am making it from and extra skein and leftover I have from making the very first sock I ever made that I made for him. I hope there is enough yarn. I ought to find that sock and reuse the yarn, hmmm.

Hopefully next post will be full of pictures right?

No comments: