Friday, November 03, 2006

Wow, I have had a SERIOUS lack of time lately and have gotten almost NO knitting done, I am shaking from the withdrawls. I had to finish a 4 page scrapbook layout for a workshop I am doing on Saturday night, and I procrastinated on sewing together DD's Halloween Costume so I was very busy finishing that. It took me 2 hours to sew hair extensions and felt and hairclips into some lovely cinnamon rolls easily applied to the sides of her head. DS went as Darth Vader. They can be seen here together. The Thing is a friend of ours. I have been trying to finish sewing some duvets together, the woman I am doing it for bought the wrong size cuts of material, making this a very interesting process to sew it together. I worked an extra 5 hours at the school this week as well for all the Halloween activities and Red Ribbon Week stuff, plus I had HUGE stack of correcting to do for the teacher in the evenings.

I was SO desperate for some knitting that I finally cast on yesterday in desperation. In my desperate stupor, I used the MOST precious skein in my stash. I started the "SwallowTail Shawl" pattern in Interweave Knits Fall Mag, using that amazing cashmere I won at Full Thread Ahead. It is coming out very pretty and very soft (all 25 rows I have made so far.) I can hardly wait to devote some real time to it and crank it out.

I was happy to recieve my Lacy Knitter's Guild Newsletter. It had a pattern in it I thought was very pretty and just lauds some kind of adaptation into something larger than a doily. Fun fun fun.

1 comment:

Teenuh said...

I wondered where you went! :) The duvets sound cool. I owe a friend a Renaissance Faire dress... that I've had the material for like 2 years now. Ugh. I am a bad friend.

Mmm, I can't wait to see the shawl out of that yummmmy yarn! That was such a score!