Yowza. Bad blogger, no cookie for you!!
Whoops, so 18 or say days have gone by since my last blog entry. I have been busy, busy, busy. Between Art Vista, See's candy fund raisers, and *dun, dun dunnnnnnnnn* the return of soccer I hardly have any time to do anything (laundry, cooking, cleaning and dishes all fall into this category of anything). I did however have a SUPER nifty weekend away with some girl friends where we were supposed to be scrap booking. Which I was not. I panicked and couldn't decide what to bring and brought nothing to do with scrap booking. Instead I brought 14 skeins of yarn that I wound into balls several of which were 1000yds/ball, ugh! The good news is I won't have to ball my yarn for a while, I can just pick up a new project and go!
Also made instead of scrap booking - several sets of stitch markers. Including a replacement set for Teenuh, which I made for Christmas then magically lost. Now that I have made a duplicate set, I know I will find the bag of markers, where they have been secretly hiding for the last 4 months. I forgot to take pictures of the ones I made for her, so hopefully she will post some pictures soon *ahem, nudge, nudge*. I made 2 other sets as well. The findings, were amazingly cheep $0.96 in the craft dept at Walmart with 5 and 6 pieces on the card. I used Swarovski beads which were also found at Walmart.
Teenuh and I made our Loopy Ewe needle felt kids together. Mine came out with CrAzY eYeS. While Tina's had a saner, more intelligent look. Her stripes were better on her socks too (alas, I shouldn't have striped at 2 am, I should have had the sense to wait until morning like she did). Regardless my daughter loves her and I will make another one with the left overs from the kit.
Several rows of the Icarus shawl (oh, yeah, did I mention I was making one?) were completed however when I got home I realized there was a big mistake made quite a bit down and had to rip back, ugh!! So progress is once again going forward on it. It has to be finished by April 15th for Mom's birthday.
Cranked out in rapid succession, after several practice circles and attempts, were some 70's style lace caps. They were a commissioned item for a friend's daughters to be worn on "Decades Day" at school. They have Tye Dyed some T-shirts and will probably Tye Dye the hats to match. So I made them out of Lily and Cream cotton, so they would be dye able. Hmm. Aside from the fact that I didn't seem to take any pics of my triplet hats I don' t think I have anything else to report..... Hopefully it won't be 20 days until I post again.....