Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The baby sweater is now done. Looking spiffy. It took me a tedious 4 tries on the first side and 2 tries on the second to get that button band looking nice. The stinking button band on the sweater should have been made as one piece on the original front pieces of the sweater. Who ever designed that pattern is a glutton for punishment. The neck band should go over the button band so the button band should have been done first. Every time I had to redo the band I had a few choice expletives for the pattern. I have redesigned the bootie to be a circular knit toe-up sock with the lace pattern on the top. One has been finished and the other is just above the toe. If all goes as planned I will have plenty of time to bang out the tam in time for the shower on Oct 9th, then I can get started straight away on the wonderful pink baby layette set for a shower on Oct 21st. I have become a baby clothing knitting machine. I almost feel like I should be making the same pattern again just for simplicity's sake, I could practically repeat it with my eyes closed. The only problem with the heart sweater is that it is a pullover, who really wants to pull a sweater over a baby's wobbly head. Half the time you feel like you're going to break off thier tiny heads so maybe I will change it to be a cardigan. It would make any mom feel much better. Tearing off the head of your first baby, always a bad thing.
So of course I am working on this post last night and my husband suddenly decides he HAS to upgrade my computer to usuing Win 98 instead of Win 95. And it has to be RIGHT NOW right, it couldn't be when I finished so I HAD to stop mid post and I have completely forgotton my train of thought so oh well. Its posted.

No comments: